Monday, March 11, 2013

My afghan of many colors, my Momma started for me!



My beautiful Momma





I haven't written in a while so thought it was time.  My Momma went to heaven on Feb. 8th, 2006.  I miss her everyday.  After Momma passed my older brother Earl lived in her house till the day he went to be with Momma on Aug. 6th, 2010.  Now my youngest son David lives in her house.  She still has most of her sewing and other crafts in the house.  Last month I went there and came home with a couple of bags of things, one being a big bag of yarn.  As I was going through the bag, I came across a green crochet piece that Momma started before she became to sick to crochet anymore. So I decided to take all the small balls of yarn that I got along with a few full skeins she had and add them to the beginning row of the afghan she started.  I was so excited to see how it would turn out.  Here are the pics of my progress.  I can't believe it only took me a week to complete.  I am sitting here this morning with it wrapped around me.  I feel her arms around me every time I use it.










I hope you enjoyed the pics and story.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for checking out my blog