Friday, February 3, 2012

More on my amazing Momma

I was so lucky to have a Momma that understood that her children weren't perfect.  And that when we did make mistakes, small or large, she understood...she hoped from those mistakes that we would learn not to do that again.  She said she had made many mistakes as a young person so nothing we could do would surprise her..She taught me that you never say "not my kid, they couldn't or wouldn't do that"...she said she would never been one of THOSE Mom's that thought her kids were perfect.

One time someone came to my Mom and said that her son was driving her car when she wasn't home....Momma didn't say "that couldn't happen, not my son"...what she said was...really, when?  then she went to my brother and said "when did you drive my car?" He tried to say he didn't...made all kinds of excuses of my that person was wrong, Momma said "look me in the eyes and tell me the truth"...well after many minutes..he fessed up...now mind you...we learned best to tell the truth and fess up right away, because then the punishment might not be as hard...but either way you were going to be punished...

I don't know why I feel the need to talk so much about Momma these days and tell all these stories...but I feel now that I have this blog it gives me an outlet to talk about the most important person in my life...so hope you enjoy these next few days or weeks...there will be some bad, sad, happy and so funny stories as I go on...Everyone should be lucky to have a Momma like mine....everything I am today is because of this wonderful women.  I love you Momma and miss you everyday.
One of the pics before my little sister came along.  She is 16 years younger than me....Isn't my little brother so cute....our Daddy was in the Army and here my little brother is saluting...cute, cute, cute...I think this pic was taken somewhere around 1963 or 1964.

3 comments:

  1. I can't remember when that picture was taken. I think it was probably closer to 65. I'm wondering if this wasn't when your Dad bought the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Charlotte, Scooter was about 2 1/2 in this pic...so that would have had to be 63/64 since he was born in 61...lol..

    What farm? This pic was taken right after we got the new trailer...Momma talked with me about all these pics before she died. But I didn't go dig out the pics just had this one on my computer. And if you are talking about the place in the country where we lived...Momma bought that place after Daddy died. He never saw that place. Momma said he always wanted his kids to have their own trees to climb so he wanted us to move to the country...but he didn't live long enough to see it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this picture... Scooter is too cute~!~ I miss my SC Mama so much too... So Blessed that you brought her into my life~!~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out my blog